Loaded Breakfast Biscuits are packed full of bacon, eggs, and cheese! A mouthwatering, savory, biscuit that is a meal in itself. These breakfast biscuits are the perfect camping breakfast or great to make ahead for a busy weekday morning!
breakfast biscuits with bacon egg and cheese
I am so excited to share these easy breakfast biscuits with you for two reasons! The first being that my grandma used to make an amazing biscuit that was full of eggs, cheese, and either sausage or bacon. Trying to perfect her recipe was a lot of fun for me, and I think that I’ve gotten pretty darn close here!
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter, melted (divided) [See Note]
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 4 eggs scrambled
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup milkGarnishMelted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large 12-inch cast iron skillet, crumble the sausage and sautee until browned through.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- When the sausage is browned, drain well and then add it to the flour mixture and stir to combine until the sausage is fully coated.
- Drain any abundance of oil from the pan and then add the beaten eggs into the pan and cook to a soft scramble. Add the scrambled eggs to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Next, add the cheese and milk. With a spoon, stir the mixture until all the flour is incorporated and a slightly sticky dough forms. With a spoon, floured hands or an ice cream scoop, drop biscuits into the buttered skillet or sheet pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until biscuits are lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Brush the tops of the hot biscuits with melted butter. Serve warm.