- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 lb. shrimp, tails removed
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 lb. yellow potatoes, chopped
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 2 green onions, plus more for garnish
- 3 c. sweet corn
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Season shrimp all over with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. In a large pot over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, about 6 minutes. Drain bacon pieces on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add shrimp to bacon fat and cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to plate with bacon.
- Drain bacon fat then melt butter in pot, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and flour, and cook 30 seconds more. Add potatoes, broth, thyme, and green onions, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
You can find complete recipes click here!