Classic Beef Stroganoff with tender strips of beef and mushrooms in an indulgent creamy Stroganoff sauce, served over noodles. Don’t be intimidated by the name because this is an easy, one-pan, 30-minute recipe!
For the Beef Stroganoff:
- 1 lb top sirloin steak thinly sliced into strips*
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 lb brown mushrooms thickly sliced
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp green onion to garnish
- 8-12 oz egg noodles to serve
- Place a large deep pan or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp oil and once oil is very hot, add thinly sliced beef strips in a single layer, cooking 1 minute per side without stirring. Cook until until just browned and no longer red. Sear beef in 2 batches so you don't overcrowd the pan. Remove beef to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter, chopped onion and sliced mushrooms. Sautee 6-8 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and onions and mushrooms are soft and lightly browned.
- Add 1 minced garlic clove and sautee 1 minute until fragrant. Add 1 Tbsp flour and sautee another minute stirring constantly.
You can find complete recipes click here!