These mini lasagnas would be fantastic for those of you who need single-serving recipes or great ideas for on-the-go lunches! This is also a great freezer lasagna recipe to prep ahead of time and have on hand in the freezer for those chaotic weekday nights!
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons minced dried onion (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 72 ounces spaghetti sauce (3 24-ounce jars)
- 24 ounces cottage cheese (about 2 3/4 cups)
- 30 ounces ricotta cheese (about 3 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 18 ounces oven-ready lasagna noodles, broken in half
- 2 pounds mozzarella cheese (1 pound thinly sliced, the other pound shredded)
- Mini Foil Pans
- Brown ground beef with minced onions in a large pan. When meat is cooked, drain off fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, basil, 2 teaspoons chopped parsley, and Italian seasoning.
- In another bowl, combine cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon parsley, and eggs.
- Spread a layer of meat sauce in the bottom of the mini foil pans. Layer uncooked noodles, sliced cheese, cottage cheese mixture, and meat mixture as desired, ending with meat mixture. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.