Sugar-free rhubarb crisp with a truly crispy almond flour topping. It took some work to get this recipe right but it was worth it!
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- ⅓ cup golden flax seed meal
- ⅓ cup pecan or walnut pieces
- ¼ cup Swerve Sweetener or other erythritol sweetener
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia extract
- 2 pounds rhubarb sliced into ½-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup Swerve Sweetener or other erythritol sweetener
- ¼ cup ground chia seeds you can grind whole chia seeds in a coffee grinder
- ¼ tsp liquid stevia extract
- For the topping, preheat oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, shredded coconut, flax seed meal, pecan or walnut pieces, erythritol sweetener, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, stir together the butter, vanilla and stevia extract.
- Add butter to the almond flour mixture and use a pastry cutter or two knives to blend in until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Spread out evenly on prepared baking sheet and pat down with hands to flatten slightly.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool completely.
You can find complete recipes click here!