An easy recipe of juicy hamburger steak and gravy featuring a brown gravy recipe with onions and mushrooms. A delicious low carb meal the whole family will love.
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef (85% lean)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Mc Cormicks Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/4 cup crushed pork rinds* (or 1/4 cup breadcrumbs if not low carb)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1 tsp oil
- salt and pepper
MUSHROOM AND ONION GRAVY RECIPE:
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 8 oz sliced button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp whisky (brandy,bourbon, or rum) (optional)
- 1 tsp beef base (bouillon)
- 1 tbsp butter
Make a panade by soaking the pork rinds (or bread crumbs) in 1/4 cup of heavy cream until absorbed - about 10 minutes. Mince the parsley and finely dice the onions.
Add the ground beef to a medium bowl, breaking it up as you do. Sprinkle the Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, and parsley over the beef. Add the soaked pork rinds (or bread crumbs). Mix with a hand mixer until the ingredients are just combined.
Divide the seasoned ground beef into 4 even portions and form into patties. Season the outside with salt and a hefty amount of coarse black pepper. (Lots of pepper gives the hamburger steak a wonderful savory flavor.)
- Place a large skillet or saute pan over medium high heat. When hot, add 1-2 teaspoons of oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add the hamburger steaks and cook for approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove the steaks from the pan and cover loosely with foil. Turn the heat down to medium.
- If there is not a lot of oil left in the pan, add 1 tablespoon of butter and the mushrooms, stirring to coat all of the mushrooms. Cook for 1 minute. Stir and push the mushrooms to the sides of the pan. Spread the onions in the center of the pan and cover for 1 minute.
You can find complete recipes click here