Balsamic chicken is one of the simplest and most delicious baked chicken recipes out there. It’s healthy, easy, and full of flavor! This lemon honey balsamic chicken recipe definitely needs to be on your weeknight dinner list. Baked balsamic chicken breast with some added lemon and honey flavors for something slightly sweet and super good!
- 4 chicken breasts or your favorite chicken pieces - free-range if possible
- salt & black pepper
- olive oil - Herbs de Provence Olive Oil or unflavored
- Herbs de Provence or your favorite herb add if using unflavored olive oil
INGREDIENTS FOR LEMON BALSAMIC GLAZE:
- *If you don't have Lemon Balsamic Vinegar, see alternate ingredients below.
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/2 c Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
ALTERNATE INGREDIENTS FOR LEMON BALSAMIC GLAZE:
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/2 c balsamic vinegar
- T lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2-1 t lemon zest
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Follow the same directions for the lemon glaze below.
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil then spray it with cooking spray.
- Pat the chicken pieces with a paper towel to dry.
- Place chicken on the baking sheet and brush it with olive oil.
- *If using unflavored olive oil, sprinkle the chicken with your favorite herbs.
- Salt & pepper both sides of the chicken.
You can find complete recipes click here!