Delicious vegan and easily gluten-free salad with Thai flavors and a perfect crunch. It's even better the next day!
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage, depending on how much crunch you like
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- ½ cup cashew halves or peanuts (honey-roasted is good)
- Optional: 1 cup edamame or chickpeas
- Fresh lime, for a bit of tang
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon honey (use agave or pure maple syrup if vegan)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup all natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or more sesame oil
- Water to thin, if necessary
- To cook quinoa: In a medium saucepan, bring 1 ½ cups of water to a boil. Add in quinoa and bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed all of the water. Remove from heat and fluff quinoa with fork; place in large bowl and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes. You should have a little over 2 cups of quinoa.
- To make dressing: Add peanut butter and honey or agave to a medium microwave safe bowl; heat in microwave for 20 seconds. Add in ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, and both sesame and olive oil and stir until mixture is smooth and creamy. If you want a thinner dressing, simply stir in a teaspoon or two of water or olive oil.
You can find complete recipes click here!