Ingredients for Salmon:
- 16-20 ounces salmon fillet(s), skin on
- Kosher salt/ freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- additional Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- a few dashes of sweet paprika
Ingredients for Basic Olive Oil Mayonnaise:
- 2 whole eggs, at room temperature(*See Note below)
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup oil (I used 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/2 cup almond oil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, or pepper blend, to taste (I like Florida Seasoned Pepper…citrusy!)
*Note: For thicker mayonnaise, use 1 whole egg plus 1 egg yolk
- Place the eggs in a blender or small food processor. Blend the eggs alone for around a minute, so they will be ready to adsorb the oil.
- Add lemon juice, dry mustard and salt, and mix in with the eggs. With the blender running, SLOWLY start adding the oil, a few drops at a time, until the liquid begins to thicken up some; then you can start adding the oil in a thin, steady stream.
- Continue blending until all the oil is incorporated. Season the mayonnaise with salt and pepper, to taste.
**Raw Egg Warning… to reduce the risk of salmonella or other food-borne illness, use only fresh, clean eggs with intact shells, from a trusted source. Avoid contact of egg white/egg yolk with outer shell.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a shallow roasting pan with foil.
- Rinse the salmon with cold water and dry thoroughly with paper towels, and place in roasting pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
You can find complete recipes click here!