A great quick ramen noodle recipe that requires very little prep. The trick here is to caramelise the beef well - makes all the difference! TIP: Don't cook the ramen noodles any longer than it says to on the packet! So basically, this HAS to be a super quick recipe.
- 2 packets ramen or other instant noodles , discard seasoning (Note 1)
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil (or more oil) (Note 2)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 onion , sliced
- 200g / 7oz beef mince (ground beef) (Note 3)
- 1 1/4 cups (315 ml) water, plus more as needed
- Big handful bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce (Note 4)
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce (or Hoisin, Note 5)
- 2 tsp Hoisin sauce (or more Oyster sauce)
- 1 tbsp mirin (Note 6)
- Finely sliced green onion / shallots
- Sesame seeds
- Mix Sauce.
- Heat oils in a medium skillet over high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook for 1 1/2 minutes until starting to go golden.
- Add beef and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it changes from pink to light brown.
- Add Sauce and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until well caramelised (see video).
- Push beef to the side to make enough space for the noodles. Add water, place noodles in water.
- Leave for 45 seconds then turn.
- Leave for 30 seconds, then untangle the noodles, then toss through the beef.
- Add beansprouts, toss for 1 minute until sauce reduces to coat the noodles and the noodles are cooked. (Note 7)
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.