Chicken Parmesan Sloppy Joes have all the flavors of your favorite Chicken Parmesan dish in just 20 minutes and it’s totally kid friendly! These sloppy joes are not your classic Ultimate Sloppy Joes but they are a delicious sloppy take on classic Chicken Parmesan and I can promise you they’re DELICIOUS!Another Monday another Sloppy Joes Recipe! We’ve started using much more ground meat since experimenting with all these easy sloppy joes recipes and we decided to make a concerted effort to use more white meat in our recipes
- 1 cup mozzarella chunks
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shaved
- 1 cup panko
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- parsley for garnish
- 4 brioche buns toasted
- Add the canola oil, chicken and onions to a large skillet on medium high heat breaking it apart but leaving some chunks about the size of a raspberry or small grape (don't crush the heck out of it, the larger crumbles will help give the sandwich stability).
- Cook until well browned (5-6 minutes), then add in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning and continue cooking until the sauce starts to evaporate and the mixture becomes "sloppy" (about 5-6 minutes).
- In a smaller skillet add the olive oil on medium high heat then add in the panko stirring until it starts to toast (about 1-2 minutes) then remove from the pan into a bowl to stop the cooking.
- When the sauce is reduced top with mozzarella chunks.
- Toast the buns then spoon over the chicken and cheese mixture, top with parmesan cheese and toasted panko.