This is an incredible Crock Pot meal. Not only is it hearty, rich and delicious, but it's also so easy to prepare. Cooking the chicken low and slow for several hours makes it tender and flavorful. The noodles take on the flavor of the chicken and the creamy soup to make the whole pot irresistible. Even your pickiest eater will clean their plate. This is soon to become a new family favorite!
- 1 pkg frozen egg noodles, 24 ounce
- 2 can(s) cream of chicken soup, 14.7 oz each; sometimes I use 1 can chicken and 1 can cream of celery
- 1 stick (1/2) cup butter - cut into pieces
- 1 can(s) chicken broth, 32 oz; may want extra to thin out if too thick. The frozen noodles thicken the broth.
- mixed vegetables, optional; I didn't use this time
- 1 tsp Better Than Bullion, optional; I add for a richer chicken flavor
- 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 large·
- salt & pepper, to taste; can add some parsley too if desired
- Adding salt and pepper to chicken breasts.. Salt & pepper chicken breasts..Placing chicken breasts in the Crock Pot. Place in the bottom of Crock Pot.
- Pouring soup over the chicken. Spoon soup over the chicken. Placing pats of butter on top of soup. Cut butter into several pats and place pieces evenly over soup.
- Combining the bouillon and broth. Whisk the bouillon with the broth. Pouring bouillon into Crock Pot. Pour over soup.
- Placing the lid on the Crock Pot. Place lid on the Crock Pot and turn to low. Cook for 6 hours. Shredding chicken with two forks. Remove chicken and tear into pieces.
- Adding chicken back to Crock Pot. Add back to pot. Adding noodles to Crock Pot. Now add noodles; if adding veggies add now. Cook for another 2 hours or until noodles are desired tenderness. I stir a few times during last 2 hours. (You may want to add more broth to thin out at the end of cooking, as the homemade noodles thicken the broth, which we like. )
- Adding parsley to Crock Pot. Sprinkle with parsley and mix in if using at the end of cooking. A bowl of Cassie's Comforting Chicken & Noodles.
- Salt & pepper, if needed, and serve. Yum!