This Creamy Potato & Hamburger Soup is comfort food at it's most delicious! Hamburger, potatoes & vegetables all combine to make one great soup.
Mike actually turned up his nose when I told him I was going to whip up this Creamy Potato & Hamburger Soup.He seriously thinks he doesn’t like hamburger in soups. Every time I talk about putting ground beef in a soup, he tells me he doesn’t like it. And then every single time I make a soup with ground beef in it, he loves it.
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 6 cups of peeled & diced Russet potatoes
- 2 cups of your favourite frozen vegetable mix
- 3 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 medium white onion peeled and diced
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
- In a large skillet ,fry the ground beef and onions until the onions are soft and the ground beef browned. Drain the grease.
- Fry the garlic until browned and fragrant. Add the beef mixture to the crockpot or stockpot on the stove.
- Add in the potatoes, broth, vegetables, basil and parsley.
- Cook in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours, on high for 3-4, or simmer on the stove until the potatoes are tender and starting to dissolve sightly.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the milk, then whisk into the soup. Add the Velveeta and let it melt, stirring occasionally. When it's melted in completely, spoon into bowls and serve.