Soft, chewy, and delicious, these pumpkin chocolate chip bars are a delicious fall dessert!
Do you like pumpkin recipes? We do! Pumpkin pie is my husband’s absolute favorite, but he’ll take just about any pumpkin dessert in the fall. So, I’ve made a TON of different pumpkin recipes over the years and they’re always a hit. We’ve already shared pumpkin honey butter, pumpkin pie dip, pumpkin chocolate cinnamon chip cookies, pumpkin pecan mini cheesecakes, pumpkin oatmeal pancakes, mini pumpkin pies, and pumpkin oatmeal muffins. So, it was time to add some pumpkin chocolate chip bars to that list!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325. Generously grease a 9x13 pan.
- Add flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Stir until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla to mixture. Mix well. Then beat in pumpkin.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet (mix well), then fold in chocolate chips and spread batter evenly into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from the pan and the center is set (toothpick inserted in the center is clean).
- Cool completely before cutting.