Yum, the FRENCH ONION CHICKEN this time is really very delicious and perfect guys. Savory, salty, and sweet flavors merge into one, which makes this dish very delicious.
Many spices are contained in this dish. Because this is made from natural ingredients, this certainly makes us healthier.
All ages and people can taste this dish. So what are you waiting for? try making this dish lovingly, so that the dishes are made more delicious. Good luck :)
- 2 large Sweet Onions (sliced)
- 1-2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Cornstarch (or Flour)
- 4 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 4 Slices Swiss or Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- (1) 14-ounce can Beef Broth
- 4 Chicken Breasts (pound to uniform size)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Parsley or Fresh Herbs to garnish
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter to skillet and let melt. Add sliced onions and stir around to coat with butter. Continue to cook, stirring often, for about 15 minutes or until onions are translucent and softened. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken breasts with olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Once onions are done cooking, remove onions from the skillet and set aside. Place chicken breasts in pan and cook for 5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place on a plate. Cover with a paper towel to keep warm. Return onions to skillet and sprinkle the cornstarch or flour over onions. Stir. Pour in beef broth and use a whisk to stir the mixture and make sure the cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Once it is thickened, add the chicken back into skillet and spoon sauce all over the chicken. Top one slice of provolone cheese and one slice of Swiss cheese over each chicken breast. Transfer oven-safe skillet to preheated oven and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.
- Spoon sauce and onions over the chicken. Garnish with parsley or Italian herbs.