Festive Christmas Wreath Antipasto Skewers with peppered salami, mozzarella balls, olives, cherry peppers, artichokes and fresh basil. An easy healthy appetizer that’s perfect for the holidays.
Today is the day. Mike has his company Christmas party and it’s something I look forward to every year. It’s the one time that I, as the bosses wife, get to meet and interact with all his employees including spouses.
We have a dinner, drink cocktails (which let’s be honest, it’s like a truth serum for some people haha) and then we give out gifts. Usually afterwards we’ll go out to spend more time with every one. AND Mike and I book a hotel room so we get to wake up late the next morning, do brunch and finish the last of our Christmas shopping without kids.
- 10 whole artichoke hearts, halved
- 20 large green olives, pitted (you can get flavored if you’d like)
- 30 large black olive or large kalamata olives
- 30 baby mozzarella balls
- 30 basil leaves
- 30 wood skewers
- 10–15 cherry tomatoes
- 30 slices peppered salami (or regular salami)
- 10 cherry peppers, halved
- fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Line up all your ingredients so you’re ready to assemble antipasto skewers.
- To each skewer add mozzarella ball, basil leaf and salami. From there I mixed and matched the rest of the ingredients! Hint: have fun with this. I made each of my skewers different.
- Get a round serving platter and place assembled skewers in the shape of a wreath. Depending on the size of your platter you may need to do a double layer of skewers. Than stick pieces of fresh rosemary in random places underneath the skewers to make it look like a christmas wreath.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. (can be made one day ahead of time)