My entire household has/had the flu, except me, thankfully. I was sick in the very beginning of the month so I’m hoping it skips me this time even though both my boys sneeze, cough, and everything else right in my mouth and eyeballs. It’s almost like inevitable getting sick around here. Still, I’m hoping for the best.
I give this soup to my husband and he attributes his wellbeing to it. He feels if he doesn’t have it he would be sick longer. It’s filled with all the goodness your body needs when combating a virus. You have onions, garlic, cauliflower, parsley, broth, water, lemon, and mushrooms. It’s like a kick in the ass to any cold or flu so these viruses need to watch their backs.
Make a pot of this if you want to keep sickness at bay or shed a few pounds. It's low carb, packed with delicious veggies, herbs and spices and perfect for those chilly winter mornings.
- 2 heads of cualiflower or two 16oz bags of frozen cauliflower steamed
- the juice of one lemon or 3 tbsp
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (I use white button)
- 1 cup fresh parsley divided (some with get blended and the rest is to top)
- 1 onion cut in half and sliced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup water
- salt/pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower for 12 minutes until tender.
- While cauliflower is steaming water sauté the half of the onion (sliced) and all of the mushrooms until both are browned and tender. Keep adding water as needed when you see the onions and mushrooms sticking to the pan.
- When cauliflower is done place it in a blender and add in vegetable broth, avocado oil, water, 2 garlic cloves, lemon juice, 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, salt/pepper to taste and depending on how spicy you want it, either a quarter of a raw onion or half.
- Blend until smooth and creamy and add salt and pepper as needed. It will be hot because of the steamed cauliflower however if it does get cool you can place the whole thing into a pot and heat it up for a few minutes.
- Pour soup into bowls and top with sautéed onions and mushrooms, and a handful of fresh parsley. Sprinkle with extra salt and pepper.
- Serve right away and Enjoy!