Christmas drinks aren’t just made up of eggnog and hot toddies, my friends.
And for the next 8 WEEKS, every Friday you’ll find a new boozy treat waiting for you here on the blog!
(I can’t promise eggnog and hot toddies won’t show up, though.)
Normally, I am strictly a red wine drinker. I will enjoy a glass of white wine every now and then, but mostly it’s either too sweet or too oaky for me.
This is super simple, crisp, and totally refreshing and will be a lovely sangria to drink all winter long!
You'll be dreaming about this White Christmas Sangria long after the holidays have come to an end! White wine, ginger beer, pear brandy, and some festive red and green fruit are all you need for this jolly holiday cocktail.
- 3-4 star anise pods
- 12 ounces ginger beer plus more for topping, if desired
- ¼ cup pear brandy
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 bottles white wine I used Riesling & Pinot Grigio
- 3 bartlett pears thinly sliced
- 1 pound cranberries fresh or frozen, plus more for garnish
- Rosemary for garnish
- Add the pears and cranberries to a large pitcher. Pour in wine, brandy, and sugar and stir. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, pour into chilled glasses. Top off with more ginger beer, if desired. Garnish with rosemary, an anise pod, and frozen cranberries to keep it cold.