Looking for an addictive snack or appetizer? These Parmesan cheddar basil bites are a real crowd pleaser and so easy to make! I love that you can use cookie cutters to customize them for any even or party too. They are even fun to put in kids lunches for a treat.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 ½ cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Beat Cheddar cheese, butter, half-and-half, and salt at medium speed with a mixer until blended. Gradually add flour, Parmesan cheese, and basil – beating just until combined.
- Turn dough onto a well floured surface. Divide into 3 equal portions, and roll to flatten each to ⅛ inch thickness. Cut with star shaped cutter. Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden; cool on baking sheets on wire racks for 30 minutes.