If you need a cheesy low carb side this Loaded Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Casserole is packed with everything you love in a baked potato! At under 8 net carbs this is the perfect holiday keto side dish!
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower (6 cups)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, divided
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size sauce pan add the cauliflower florets and chicken broth. Boil 6-10 minutes until fork tender
- Drain liquid and transfer cauliflower to a mixing bowl add the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese and spices.
- Mash or blend (using an immersion blender) until it reaches your desired consistany *See tips above.
- Lightly spray a 12 inch baking dish or cast iron skillet Trasfer the casserole to the dish and top with the remaining cheddar and parmesan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until gold and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Top with chopped green onions, bacon and sour cream.