Yummy carrot cake muffins made with applesauce and Weight Watchers
freestyle points friendly. Great for a grab and go breakfast for those hectic mornings
or just to enjoy a tasty treat. With a few Weight Watchers essential ingredients you
can make these amazing carrot cake muffin poppers. The whole family will love these
muffins including kids.
This is definitely Weight Watchers friendly and the BEST muffin idea – a favorite treat
on WW. Learn how to make these yummy muffin bites with step by step instructions. Great
muffins for breakfast, snack, treat, party or even dessert.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a muffin pan by placing liners inside or greasing with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the peeled carrots into large chunks and place them in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Chop the carrots into small bits and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the white sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped carrots.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients. Stir until just incorporated.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes for full-sized muffins or 15 to 20 minutes for mini muffins. Muffins will be done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before serving.