Do you think it’s funny that food blogger’s talk about the weather a lot? I don’t know what it is but during certain seasons you crave different foods and Fall and Winter is soup and comfort food, Spring and Summer is grilled food and cold treats. Maybe that’s why? IDK. Depending on which season it is and when strawberries are available I like to make this Strawberry and Banana sorbet in the Summertime. It’s cheaper than going to Dairy Queen and spending 28 points on a blizzard!
If you are wondering what type of blender I use, I use a Ninja Blender. I was tired of my previous Cuisine Art Blender not crushing ice or blending properly and lately.
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 2 cup strawberries, frozen
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. The consistency should be like sorbet.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container large enough to hold 2 cups, and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Scoop with an ice cream scoop and serve cold.
- Serving size: 1/2 cup.