It’s getting close to turkey day!! I’m excited to spend time with my family and eat delicious food.
We celebrate Thursday with my husbands family and Friday with my family. Two days of celebrating means twice the delicious food. That also means two times the temptations.
Another thing I’m thankful for is I’m not working Wednesday through Sunday. That’s a lot of time to spend with my husband and kids.
Since I’m home today I decided to make these Chicken Parmesan Cakes. I like them because they are low in Freestyle points and they taste good.
A store bought rotisserie chicken is perfect for this recipe. I used the two chicken breasts and I shredded it into really small pieces. That helped to keep the chicken cakes together.
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low fat spaghetti sauce
- 6 tablespoons part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, finely shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- In a large mixing bowl add the shredded chicken, Italian breadcrumbs, egg, Parmesan cheese, skim milk, garlic powder and salt. Mix it all together.
- Form the chicken into 6 patties.
- Spray a large frying pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add the 6 chicken cakes and cook 4 minutes on each side over medium-low heat.
- Place the chicken cakes on a baking sheet. Add 1 tablespoon of spaghetti sauce and 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese to each chicken cake.
- Turn the broiler on HI and place the chicken Parmesan cakes in the oven for 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.