This Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole takes cinnamon rolls to a whole new level. This recipe is so easy. Start with a tube of ready-made cinnamon rolls and add a few kitchen staples. The result, a delicious casserole that is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
- 1 cup organic pure maple syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 cans cinnamon rolls
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Pour melted butter into ungreased 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
- Separate each can of dough into 8 rolls; set icing aside. Cut each roll into 8 pieces, place pieces over butter in dish.
- In a medium bowl with wire whisk, beat eggs.
- Beat in cream, cinnamon, and vanilla until well blended.
- Gently pour over roll pieces. Drizzle with 1 cup syrup.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- If using the icing, remove covers from icing that came with the canned cinnamon rolls; microwave on Medium (50%) power for 10 to 15 seconds or until drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle icing over top.