Just make a batch of THIS simple Fat Head dough, roll it out on parchment paper, and cut into strips to make the stuffed breadsticks.
You’ll also need some cooked ground beef, which is a perfect opportunity to use up some leftover taco-seasoned meat from taco night! If you need a yummy keto-friendly seasoning, check out THIS homemade taco seasoning recipe that I keep in my pantry ready to go.
Cheesy breadsticks with seasoned taco meat make this an excellent keto appetizer idea or simple meal idea!
For the Fat Head Dough:
- 1 3/4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
For the Breadsticks:
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 3/4 pound taco seasoned meat, cooked
- salsa, sour cream, guacamole for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. For Fat Head Dough: Combine almond flour and mozzarella cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Add in cream cheese and cook in the microwave for one minute. Stir and then cook for an additional 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Mix in egg, salt, and cumin, and stir well. This could take several minutes of stirring to make pliable dough, so keep stirring.
- Shape dough into a ball and place between two pieces of parchment paper, to avoid sticking. Flatten dough with a rolling pin into a rectangle shape. Cut dough into 5 strips to make seperate breadsticks.
- Spoon on taco seasoned ground beef and shredded cheese down the middle of each strip of dough. Pinch edges of dough together on both sides to connect.
- Place on a baking sheet or silicone mat. Bake for about 14 minutes or until breadsticks are browned and cooked.
- Cut in half to serve. Serve alongside keto friendly dipping sauces like salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc. Nutrition is for one breadstick.