To make this Homemade Tea you just need to start with a few Sliced Peaches, I remove the core and set these aside first.
Next, in a pan over medium heat combine Water, Sugar and Peaches. You’ll want to press these peaches down as they cook to remove as much juice from them as possible. You’ll be straining the peaches later so don’t worry about messing up the look of the peaches, you really want to get as much flavor and taste out of the peaches as possible.
Once your peaches have cooked down you can strain the peaches out of the syrup and place the syrup in a jar.
In a separate pitcher brew fresh black tea, combine the tea with the syrup and for best results chill in the fridge for 24 hours before serving. This will help to keep the tea from melting the ice right away and watering down the tea.
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2-3 sliced fresh Peaches
- 6 cups Water
- 3 Tea Bags
- Bring syrup ingredients to boil. Then reduce heat to medium.
- Crush peach slices as you stir to dissolve sugar.
- Turn off heat cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Boil water and brew tea letting steep 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and refrigerate.
- Strain syrup through a fine strainer to remove fruit pieces.
- Add syrup to tea and serve over ice.