These little blueberry cheesecake bars taste like the real deal. Milky cream-cheese filling, on top of a buttery lemon base and topped with ooey-gooey blueberries.
Yup, try not to have two.
These little darlings are very low carb, even with the blueberry topping (more on that in a bit) making them perfect for a low carb or keto diet. They are also gluten-free, so they kind of check off lots of healthy boxes.
There is no added sugar in this recipe, only the natural sugar from the fruit.
Lemon Almond Crust:
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 3 Tbsp Powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Almond Lemon Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add almond flour, powdered erythritol, and grated lemon rind into a 9x9 square pan.
- Gently whisk butter with the egg and add to the pan.
- Blend all ingredients well with a fork. Once blended spread mixture evenly in the bottom of the pan. The back of a small flat bottomed measuring spoon works very well.
- Prick the crust with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until just lightly golden brown.
- Cool to room temperature before adding the cheesecake batter.
- Add the blueberries to a saucepan and set over medium heat.
- Cook until the berries break down and thicken. Approx 5-7 minutes, a few more if using frozen berries.
- Mash the fruit with the back of a fork.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in powdered erythritol.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes to cool slightly.
- In a medium-sized bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer whip cream cheese, vanilla, powdered erythritol and blend until soft and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time until fully blended, set the bowl aside.
- Pour the vanilla cream cheese base into the prepared crust. Spread it out with a knife, or offset spatula.
- Spoon the cooked blueberries on to the top of the cheesecake base and swirl with a spoon.
- Bake at 350F oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cheesecake is set in the center.
- Cool at room temp, slice and add a few fresh berries, and a sprig of mint.