A good pie crust is just as important as what you put in it. This crust compliments the coconut cream filling perfectly. Made with equal parts almond and coconut flour, it uses butter, eggs and shredded coconut to bind it all together. Once baked, you get a texture that has a great snap under the fork and holds up under the weight of your filling… no crumbly mess. It has a sweet and salty flavor with a buttery taste that balances the rich custard and cream. It might be your new favorite crust.
A creamy coconut pie with coconut flakes throughout and a buttery crumbly crust. If you love coconut you’ll fall in love with this keto coconut cream pie.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour sifted
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener Lakanto Monkfruit
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener Lakanto Monkfruit
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Powdered sweetener Swerve
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- Dang Unsweetened Toasted Coconut Chips or additional toasted shredded coconut for topping
- Melt butter in large bowl.
- Add almond flour, eggs, sweetener, and salt to butter mix well.
- Stir in coconut flour and shredded coconut until a dough forms.
- Roll out dough between parchment or wax paper.
- Take top sheet of paper off dough and invert into a pie pan.
- Press to fix any cracked areas of crust and flute edges.
- Using a fork, poke small holes throughout the crust.
- Bake crust at 400°F for 10 minutes. Allow crust to cool.
- Bring cream to just a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, egg yolk and sweetener. Slowly stir in about 2/3 cup of hot cream, whisking continuously, to temper. Then slowly whisk tempered egg mixture back into cream.
- Cook another 4 to 5 minutes, whisking continuously, until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter, coconut extract, and vanilla extract. Sprinkle surface with xanthan gum and whisk briskly to combine. Stir in shredded coconut.
- Let mixture cool 20 to 30 minutes, then spread in baked pie crust. Chill in fridge at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Top with whipped cream & toasted coconut