I have been missing those honey buns so I had to come up with a copycat recipe.
This ketogenic diet honey buns recipe is so easy to mix up and super tasty.
Only 2 net carbs per honey bun you can’t go wrong.
These make a great keto breakfast, keto desserts or if you just want a snack.
If you want something different then keto cinnamon rolls this is a spin on them – low carb honey buns.
Cinnamon sugar filled honey buns topped with a sweet glaze / icing.
Are you ready to learn how to make keto honey buns.
Follow the step by step instructions for this NO FAIL low carb recipe.
For the dough:
- 1 C. Almond flour
- ¼ C. Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
- 3 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 2 C. Mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. Cream cheese
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 1 Tbsp. Butter melted
- 1-2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp. Swerve granulated sugar substitute
For the glaze:
- 2 Tbsp. Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
- 2 Tbsp. Butter melted
- ¼ tsp. Vanilla extract
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheeses into a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for one minute. Stir the mixture until completely melted and combined.
- Add the almond flour, Swerve confectioners sugar substitute for the dough and baking powder to the cheese mixture, and knead it thoroughly with your hands until well combined.
- Mix the egg and vanilla extract into the dough, and place the mixture into the freezer to set for two hours. This will make it easier to handle and roll out.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll the chilled dough out between two pieces of parchment paper to your desired thickness.
- Brush a tablespoon of melted butter along the surface of the dough.
- Sprinkle the granulated sugar substitute and the cinnamon for the filling onto the dough.
- Roll the dough up lengthwise as tightly as you can.
- Cut rolls of the dough that are about 1 inch thick with a sharp knife.
- Hold each roll in your hand, and flatten it slightly to form the honey bun shape.
- Bake the honey buns on a parchment lined sheet for 25 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Mix the ingredients for the glaze, and brush it onto the top of each hone