This Crock Pot Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli soup is the best recipe! Full of ground beef, pasta, veggies all in a flavorful Italian soup!
I will be the first to admit that the first time I ever heard of or tasted this soup was at Olive Garden. I know it existed in Italy long before Olive Garden was ever around but it was Olive Garden that introduced me to this seriously yummy and hearty soup.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 (26 oz) container beef stock (or 3 cups)
- 1 (25 oz) jar jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 cup ditalini pasta (or your favorite pasta shape)
- Brown and crumble ground beef.
- Drain excess grease.
- Add all the other ingredients to the slow cooker (except for pasta) and stir.
- Set slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours
- During the last 30 minutes or so of cooking, add in the pasta and stir.
Pasta likes to absorb a lot of the liquid so if you like your soup a bit more soupy, be prepared to have an extra can of beef broth handy. You can add it in towards the end.