These homemade raspberry almond cream scones are rich, flaky, and full of sweet, fresh raspberries. Plus, these raspberry scones begin with an easy scone recipe that uses simple ingredients, making the recipe come together quickly!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed and cold
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- slivered almonds, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, white sugar, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt. Once combined, cut in the butter with a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Whisk together heavy cream, sour cream, egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the raspberries and mix until just combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and pat into a 1/2" thick circle. Cut into 8 triangles.
- Brush the tops of each scone with a little bit of heavy cream, and bake for 15-16 minutes, or until scones are golden brown.
- While the scones are cooling, mix together powdered sugar (starting with 1 cup), heavy whipping cream (beginning with 2 Tbsp), and almond extract. If the glaze seems too thin, add in the last 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. If it seems too thick, add in the last Tbsp of heavy cream.
- Pour the glaze over the scones, sprinkle with almonds, and enjoy!