These low carb brownies are just like the ones my mom used to make (with the help of Pillsbury or Betty Crocker). They are the most like a classic box mix brownie. This keto brownie recipe is SO easy. They are great warm, in between cakey and fudgy, and rich with chocolate. There are also only 2 net carbs in each brownie!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/3 c cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Start by whisking the room temperature eggs and then the melted coconut oil and vanilla together with the warm water, this will prevent an undesirable texture from the coconut oil resolidifying during the mixing process.
- Once the wet ingredients are all stirred together, add the cocoa powder, sweetener, salt, almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder.
- Whisk together and spread into a greased or parchment-lined 8x8 pan.
- Lastly, sprinkle the chocolate chips on the brownies and bake 20-30 min. The time on these seems to vary quite a bit.
- Substitutions: Baking blends do NOT work here. It needs to be this specific combo of almond and coconut flours to get that almost real brownie taste and texture!
- Eggs: To quickly bring your eggs to room temperature you can crack them into a bowl and set them on the stove while the oven preheats, they will be room temp in no time. Alternatively, you can place the whole eggs a bowl of warm water for a couple of minutes before cracking them.
- Storage: Storing these in the refrigerator makes them firm up can get fudgier. Just rewarm them in the microwave for a perfect brownie texture.