I had a busy day today mopping up our wooden floors from all the rain mess. First, our downstairs has no carpet, none. The wooden floors that Paul put in are gorgeous, but not when they’re tracked up with muddy footprints. Incidentally, the mop and bucket and I had a date. Likewise, you can’t have clean floors and not dust. Lastly, why not wipe down the stove and the counters in the kitchen?
Hence, just mopping the floors snowballed into an all-out clean fest. Therefore before I knew it, it was time for dinner. Consequently, after everything I cleaned, I wanted dinner to be fast, delicious and with minimal dishes to wash. As a result, I looked straight to one of my healthy chicken and spinach recipes. Chicken and Spinach Skillet Dinner fit those requirements to a “T”.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- One – 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 /4 cup water
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup baby spinach packed tight
- Place the oil in a saute pan on medium to high heat. Add the chicken strips,cook and stir until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the diced onion to the pan, cook until onion is soft.
- Add the undrained tomatoes, water and seasonings to the pan, bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer about 5 minutes. Add the spinach, cook and stir until the spinach begins to wilt. Serve over long grain rice that was cooked in chicken broth.