This cilantro lime cauliflower rice recipe can be enjoyed on its own as a side dish or as a base for a burrito bowl or another favorite Mexican recipe.
You can create the riced cauliflower with a head of cauliflower using a food processor to grate the cauliflower or you can use frozen riced cauliflower. I tend to buy the frozen stuff because then it’s there when I need it and I don’t have to worry about it going bad before I use it. Plus it’s a huge time saver.
This cauliflower rice recipe is easy to make on the stove top. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and saute some onions and minced garlic in olive oil. Add the cauliflower, seasonings and vegetable broth, and increase heat to medium high or high and cook until warmed. Add in lime juice at the end and serve. It’s ready in about 10 minutes or so. It’s an awesome recipe for when you don’t have a lot of time.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups riced cauliflower frozen is fine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped and divided
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet. When the oil is hot add the onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes on a medium heat or until they become soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute until the garlic becomes fragrant. Stir the whole time.
- Add the cauliflower to the skillet. Stir to mix everything together well.
- Stir in the vegetable stock, about half the cilantro and the salt and cumin. Turn the heat up to high and cook for another minute. Lower the heat again and add the lime juice. Mix in to the rice well.
- Taste and season with more salt as needed. Stir in the remaining cilantro. Continue to stir until warmed.
- Serve and enjoy!