I almost forgot it was Tuesday. That’s what happens after a long weekend, however, the upside is that I’m one day closer than I thought to the weekend. Yes!
So what do I like about these Frozen Palomas? Everything…If you like Tequila and Grapefruit then you are sure to enjoy this simple, blended twist on a classic tequila cocktail. I read somewhere recently that the Paloma is the most popular tequila based drink – not the Margarita. There is your fun fact for the day.
I love that this drink takes little prep. The most time intensive step is peeling the grapefruit so you know this is an easy drink that everyone can make but only adults can enjoy. Don’t let the grapefruit fool you into thinking this is going to taste like a health drink. I promise it won’t taste like a juice or smoothie.
Frozen Palomas are a fun twist on a classic tequila based cocktail. Grapefruit, Lime & Tequila make this a tasty blended beverage.
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, peel removed
- 2 tbsp simple syrup
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 cup Sprite or Sprite Zero
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cups ice
- Remove peel from grapefruit and cut in half.
- Juice your lime and discard the remnants.
- Add all ingredients to the blender including lime juice and grapefruit, ice last.
- Turn blender on to Variable 1 speed and slowly increase to Variable 10. Blend until ice, grapefruit and liquid are well blended.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy.
If you enjoy a stronger drink, increase the Tequila content. I recommend starting out as listed and increase to personal taste.
Try rimming your glasses with coarse sugar.