So I’m not sure what to call these except Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies! They are more like a “kitchen sink” oatmeal breakfast cookie and oh-so delicious!
Whatever you want to call them, they are delicious!! I made cookies, but they could just as easily be made as bars.
It’s best to puree the banana instead of just mashing it- then there’s no mushy lumps in your finished product. You’ll need to grind the oats anyway, so may as well use the blender twice!
These breakfast cookies are dense and cakey and sweet- all without any eggs, dairy or added sugar! They sort of remind me of banana bread! You certainly don’t have to add in all the ingredients I did. Pick and choose your favorites to mix in.
- 1 cup oats ground
- 1/3 cup banana pureed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup oats whole
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup almonds slivered
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips vegan
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grind 1 cup oats in blender. Add to bowl with whole oats, chia seeds, baking soda and salt- mix well and set aside.
- Puree 1 small-med banana (about 1/3 cup) in blender. Add to separate bowl with melted coconut oil, applesauce, syrup and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add favorite mix-ins to dry ingredients and mix well. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir well.
- Form 2-3″ cookies and bake 12-17 minutes on 350 until done. For bars, use 9X9 baking dish or round baking pan and check after 20 mins, baking until center is done.
- When cooled, seal in tight container for several days or wrap individually in foil and freeze. Heat 20-30 seconds on hi in microwave from frozen. Enjoy!