Keto Easy Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole has the same flavors as a classic chicken cordon blue recipe, but it utilizes leftover chicken! Zucchini and chicken are baked in a creamy, flavorful three-cheese sauce and topped with just a little bit of crisped pork belly.
Zucchini and chicken are baked in a creamy, flavorful three-cheese sauce and topped with a bit of crisped pork belly in an easy to make casserole.
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 oz Emmental cheese shredded (or Swiss cheese)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken see Note
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb zucchini sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 2 large cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons cured pork belly crisped (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375F; get out a 1.5-quart casserole dish.
- Add the butter to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and cook until softened, but not browned, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Add the broth and bring up to a simmer. Whisk in the cream cheese until smooth; let it simmer a couple minutes until thickened slightly, whisking frequently. Whisk in the Emmental cheese a handful at a time until fully incorporated. Stir in the parsley, Worcestershire, and black pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Add the zucchini and chicken to the casserole dish and pour in the sauce. Sprinkle on the crisped pork belly and then the Parmesan. Cover with foil and bake until the zucchini is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove the foil and broil a couple minutes to brown the top.