Donuts were never a food we had around the house growing up. Even though my parents were far from low carb, they did eat real food and didn’t buy much that was processed. I’m not going to lie, though. I would have happily eaten donuts elsewhere whenever given the chance. It’s too bad that a keto low carb donuts recipe like this one wasn’t an option back then!
These days, the only time I’m really around donuts is at the office. I resist, though, because they are likely filled with questionable ingredients and definitely loads of sugar. Not to mention wheat and carbs.
- 2 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Butter (unsalted; measured solid, then melted)
- 1 cup Blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup Besti Monk Fruit Erythritol Blend
- 1/8 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Besti Monk Fruit Erythritol Blend
- 3 tbsp Butter (unsalted; measured solid, then melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Grease a donut pan well.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, almond milk, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Transfer the batter evenly into the donut cavities, filling them 3/4 of the way. Bake for about 22-28 minutes (or longer for a silicone pan!), until dark golden brown. Cool until donuts are easy to remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the sweetener and cinnamon for the coating.
- When the donuts have cooled enough to easily remove from the molds, transfer them to a cutting board. Brush both sides of one donut with butter, then press/roll in the sweetener/cinnamon mixture to coat. Repeat with the remaining donuts.