Creamy Mushrooms and Sausage is a family favorite Italian recipe! This easy side dish is full of savory sausage and a delicious, creamy, parmesan sauce and ready in 20 minutes! Or, serve it over a bowl of pasta.
These mushrooms are perfect to serve at a party, and your guests will be raving about these! Made with wine, cheese, Italian sausage, herbs and more!
Delicious side dish bursting with Parmesan and Mozzarella flavors!
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 16 oz. whole mushrooms
- 8 oz. hot Italian sausage (casings removed)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella (grated or shredded)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan (grated)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Lay bacon strips in a single layer onto baking sheet, making sure not to overlap.
- Bake until crispy, 15 to 25 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Chop and set aside.
- In the large pan, melt the butter and add oil. Add the mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes to lightly brown mushrooms and release their juices (if any).
- Add sausage and continue cooking until sausage is slightly browned. Add in the garlic and stir it through for a minute, until fragrant.
- Pour in the wine and let reduce for 2 minutes, while occasionally stirring.
- Next pour in the cream and add thyme and parsley. Reduce heat down to low and simmer about 4 minutes. Add the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Add the chopped bacon to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.