Orange Banana Muffins – these moist banana muffins have a yummy citrus flavor. The glaze makes them extra delicious!
These muffins are great just plain, but if you want a special treat, add the glaze on top. Sour cream adds a bit of tartness that balances out the sweet, and pairs perfectly with the orange zest.
If you’re looking for a new banana recipe (you can’t have too many), give these orange banana muffins a try. They would be perfect for a spring brunch or bridal shower!
Moist and delicious banana muffins flavored with orange zest and topped with a sour cream orange glaze.
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 4 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, melted butter, oil, buttermilk, mashed bananas, and orange zest. Add to dry ingredients. Stir together lightly till ingredients are just combined.
- Fill well greased or paper lined muffin cups. Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together glaze ingredients till smooth. Glaze muffins while still warm.