Baileys Chocolate Mousse is a deliciously light, fluffy chocolate mousse, infused with the sweet flavor of Baileys Irish Cream. This easy dessert recipe is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
I had a moment the other day a moment where I started thinking about just how fun it would be to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day “adult-style”. I have those moments from time to time mainly because they’re so far out of my reach and the thought of ditching all responsibilities for a day sounds absolutely amazing!
Deliciously light, fluffy chocolate mousse infused with the sweet flavor of Baileys Irish Cream. Perfect for the holidays!
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder for a more intense chocolate flavor, add 1 additional Tbsp.
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream very cold
- 2 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- 1/4 c. boiling water
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. Baileys Irish Cream very cold
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- *Before beginning, prep bowl and beaters by placing in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to chill.*
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl; stir and let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Let stand to cool.
- Stir together sugar and cocoa in a large mixing bowl; add heavy cream.
- Beat at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form; gradually pour in Baileys, vanilla, and gelatin mixture, beating continuously at high speed until well-blended and soft peaks form.
- Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon into serving dishes and place in refrigerator to chill. (*For a faster setting mousse, chill bowls before filling.)
- Chill 1 hour or until ready to serve.