Chicken salad is one of those things that I almost always have in my refrigerator. We love to have it for lunch, and we like to have it around for low carb snacking too TIP: use wheat thins or lowfat wheat thins to scoop up chicken apple salad for snacking. It’s wonderful!
This Chicken Apple Salad keeps in the refrigerator for several days. I often double the recipe so my family doesn’t fight over who gets to eat the last of it!
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Greek nonfat yogurt
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup diced Granny Smith apple
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine first 5 ingredients (through green onion) in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise and remaining ingredients, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken mixture, tossing well to coat.