Chocolate Zucchini Cake is a moist, fudgy cake that’s so easy to make. You’ll never know the zucchini is even there!
Moist, fudgy chocolate zucchini cake is an easy recipe and a delicious way to use zucchini. No squash flavor in this cake, just extra moisture thanks to the zucchini. Regular and gluten-free instructions.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake:
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 cups granulated
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2+ tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray a 10-12 cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Create a well in the center of the flour mixture and add oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk together until combined. NOTE: Batter will be thick.
- Stir in shredded zucchini.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt cake pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a knife is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert pan onto a cooling rack and allow cake to naturally release from pan. Cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the butter and chocolate chips. Microwave in 15 second increments until melted and can be whisked smooth.
- Once melted, whisk in powdered sugar and hot water until smooth. NOTE: start with 1 tablespoon hot water and add up to 1 1/2 additional tablespoons for drizzling consistency.
- Pour glaze over bundt cake and allow to set for 15-20 minutes.