Are you ready for fall baking? Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake is the perfect dessert for crisp weather coming up, just like this Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Lasagna. But, if you are not a big fan of pumpkin treat, then you must try this coffee cake loaded with apples and crunchy brown sugar-cinnamon streusel crumbs, drizzled with apple cider glaze.
For cinnamon streusel crumb:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter -melted
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large (or 2 small) tart apples-peeled and chopped
For the cake:
- 1 large egg
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Apple cider glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 and 1/2 – 2 Tablespoons apple cider
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease 8 inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper, set aside.
- To make cinnamon streusel crumb, first in a bowl, whisk together dry ingredient. Then add melted butter and vanilla and stir until the mixture is evenly moist, set aside, too.
- To make the cake in a large bowl, cream together 4 tbsp butter with 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy, then add egg and beat well. Finally, add vanilla and sour cream and beat again.
- In another bowl, stir together 1 cup flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder and add to the butter mixture, stir until just combined.
- Spread half the batter at the bottom of the pan ( it will be very thin layer). Spread the apple chunks evenly over the batter, then sprinkle about 1 cup of the cinnamon streusel crumbs over the apples. Spread the remaining batter over the crumbs and on top spread the rest of the cinnamon streusel.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Before remove the ring of springform pan run a thin knife around the cake.
- To make the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar with apple cider and drizzle over the cake.