This delicious and easy Lemon Ginger Detoxifying Smoothie is dairy free, gluten free, and plant-based. It’s loaded with fresh lemon that naturally helps to boost the body’s detoxifying abilities and it tastes like lemon meringue pie!
This smoothie has been one of my long time favourites and for good reason, it tastes like one of my favourite desserts…lemon meringue pie, but has none of the refined sugars, flour, or other not-so-healthy ingredients and instead is loaded with fresh lemon, frozen fruits, fresh ginger and creamy coconut milk.
In this delicious drink you’ll find a few key ingredients that happen to be particularly “detoxifying” or they have properties that help boost the body’s natural detoxification process.
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- juice of 1 whole, large lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (carton, not canned)
- 1/2 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons collagen peptides or vanilla plant-based protein powder of choice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend for 1 minute until completely smooth, adding more liquid if you would like a thinner consistency.
- Enjoy immediately.