This was last night’s supper, it was a beautiful night and we ate outdoors, oh how I love summer! I served this with a great big garden salad and everyone loved them – including Madison which was a happy surprise for me.
These healthy salmon and lemon kebabs are delicious and easy to make, loaded with omega 3s in every bite! Seasoned with fresh herbs, lemon, and spices and grilled to perfection.
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons, very thinly sliced into rounds
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 16 bamboo skewers soaked in water 1 hour
- 1-1/2 pounds skinless wild salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Heat the grill on medium heat and spray the grates with oil.
- Mix oregano, sesame seeds, cumin, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl to combine; set spice mixture aside.
- Beginning and ending with salmon, thread salmon and folded lemon slices onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total.
- Spray the fish lightly with oil and season kosher salt and the reserved spice mixture.
- Grill the fish, turning occasionally, until fish is opaque throughout, about 8 to 10 minutes total.