This is how to make Instant Pot angel food cake! Fluffy fat free cake right in your pressure cooker that tastes amazing! You have got to try it for dessert.
- 1.5 c Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1/8 c water for mix
- 1.5 c water for bottom of Instant Pot
- 1/2 c water for mix
- Use half of your angel food cake mix box which is 1.5 cups. Put into a bowl.
- Combine cake mix with 1/2 c water and 1/8 c water. (I list them separately because most people don't have an 1/8 c measuring cup so just use your 1/4 c and fill half way along with your 1/2 c water.
- Use a mixer to mix water and angel food cake mix for about a minute on high or until it starts to fluff up like meringue.
- Do NOT grease your pan. The non stick pan is enough for it to not adhere and it allows the cake to "creep up" as it rises. Spoon the mixture into your 7" angel food cake pan and cover with tinfoil.
- Put a trivet or a small glass bowl at the bottom of your Instant Pot or pressure cooker with about 1.5 c of water surrounding it so it can steam your cake.
- Place your cake on your trivet inside the Instant Pot and close your lid and steam valve.
- Set to manual, pressure, high, for 27 minutes.
- Do a slow release (move steam valve slightly so steam comes out very slowly).
- Lift lid off quickly so the water inside doesn't cover your foil.
- Carefully lift your pan out and set on a cooling rack.
- Remove foil and allow to cool.
- Use a knife to loosen cake from pan on the sides of the pan. Push bottom gently and pull up on middle metal piece of pan to lift out. Use knife to loosen cake from bottom rim and a bit on the middle stem of the pan so it slides off.
- Put on plate and enjoy or add a bit of melted raspberry jam to the top....that is delicious too.
- 1 angel food cake mix box makes 2 Instant Pot angel food cakes.