This healthy Stuffed Pepper Soup recipe is an easy meal to get on the table–just a few healthy ingredients in the Crockpot or Electric Pressure Cooker and it pretty much makes itself. This is the perfect hearty fall recipe for meal prep and your entire family will love it!
This soup is one of the oldest recipes on My Crazy Good Life, and like all good things it needed a small update. I’ve changed some ingredients around and I love this recipe even more now. You can still find the original recipe below, but the new printable recipe will reflect the new and improved version.
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 cups bell peppers , chopped (I've added up to four peppers, and it's yummy!)
- 1/2 cup dry brown rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup onion , chopped
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup:
- Brown ground meat in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain meat and place in crock pot.
- Chop peppers, add to crock pot.
- Add tomatoes (including juice) and remaining ingredients, except rice – which should be added 1 hour before end of cooking.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Electric Pressure Cooker/Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup:
- Sauté the meat.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the pressure cooker. Put the lid on and seal your vent.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick pressure release. If you'd like to let the pressure release naturally for a few minutes, it'll be fine.