These Lemon Custard Pie Bars are a heavenly cross between a traditional lemon bar and a lemon custard pie. Serve them chilled, dusted with powdered sugar, and a generous dollop of whipped cream. They’re ideal for serving as a brunch treat, for tea time or as an all-occasion dessert.
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon zest adjust amount to taste
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- 1 16.5 oz package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 21 oz can lemon pie filling
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Press the sugar cookie dough evenly onto the bottom of the baking dish. Press white chocolate chips and almonds into the dough.
- Bake for 15 minutes. The crust will puff up slightly. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to whip together pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Whisk on medium speed for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Spread filling evenly over crust. Place back into the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack. Chill for 3 hours.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving. Serve with a dollop of sweetened fresh whipped cream, if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container chilled.