This authentic Sicilian spaghetti recipe is so easy and it takes only 5 ingredients to make it! Spaghetti Siciliana is a fiery mix of hot pasta mixed with lots of garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, chillies and olive oil. Simple and gorgeous!
- 500g/1lbs spaghetti
- salt to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1-2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 4 tsbp sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp Grana Padano or Parmesan
- In a large pot of boiling and salted water cook your spaghetti according to package direction.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a frying pan and add minced garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and red chilli flakes, cook while stirring over low heat for 1 minute, then add half of your chopped parsley. Set aside.
- Drain your cooked pasta and toss everything together in the same pan, add salt to taste and remaining half of chopped parsley. Serve with grated cheese on top.